Fire doors are so often wedged open with extinguishers, bins etc. This may seem harmless enough but in the event of a fire this situation renders fire doors useless i.e. an open fire door cannot contain a fire and this increases the risk of injury or death. This is why under the 1971 Fire Precautions Act it is illegal to wedge fire doors open in buildings covered by a fire certificate issued by a Fire authority.
Dorgard provides a wire free solution for legally holding open fire doors in any position:
- Installs easily by affixing 4 screws and inserting 2 batteries (both supplied). Is ready for use in under 5 minutes
- Automatically releases fire doors when the fire alarm sounds.
- Has an automatic night-time release facility.
- Helps saves lives and complies with 1971 Fire Precautions Act
- Improves access for wheelchair users in line with the Disability Discrimination Act
- Complies with B5 EN 1155 and accepted by the Fire Brigade