Manual Handling Essentials DVD
Manual Handling Essentials DVD - SUPERB TITLE AT GREAT VALUE! Lifting and manual handling is one of the highest risks in work environments. This superb manual handling DVD title is presented by Diane Youdale who starred as ‘Jet’ on TV’s Gladiators. Diane who herself suffered a spinal injury shows how to prevent long and short term back injuries happening to you and your staff. Approximate running time: 25 minutes
- Anatomy of the back
- Making an assessment
- Lifting and manual handling techniques
- Lifting aids and equipment
- LITE - Manual Handling Assessment
This Manual Handling DVD helps you comply with Manual Handling Regulations and the requirement to train your staff in safe lifting and manual handling! Buy Your Manual Handling DVD Here Today for Next Day Delivery!
HEAR WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAID:-
Excellent attention to detail, covers all aspects of Manual Handling and Safe Lifting from office to showroom and even workshops. Highly recommended and great value for money. -Stuart Elsegood
Very good value for money. Covers the subject of manual handling well and in a different way which helps to get and keep peoples attention - Lynne Overton-Conboy
DID YOU KNOW?
You can use 'Manual Handling DVDs' in conjunction with 'Manual Handling Booklets' and 'Manual Handling Posters' to complete your manual handling safety training regime and comply with manual handling laws! SEE PRODUCTS BELOW.
Manual Handling Requirements
Employers have a duty to provide manual handling training courses to their staff. Manual handling training is a legal requirement of the Manual Handling Regulations which is the main source of health & safety regulation for lifting & carrying loads at work. Manoeuvres that involve lifting, pushing, pulling and twisting are referred to as health and safety manual handling tasks. Below are some points that are found in our manual handling training materials:
Anyone who has to perform manual handling or move items in their workplace wherever they work has the right to be trained in Manual Handling. Manual handling training should cover:-
- Knowledge of manual handling for responsibilities of managers/supervisors.
- An understanding of manual handling law and manual handling risk assessments and the first principles of manual handling weight guidelines.
- An understanding of the basic structure of the spine and injuries that can occur through poor manual handling practices.
- Moving inanimate objects, pushing and pulling techniques and approaching manual handling as a team.