Manual Handling Essentials (Multi-Lingual) DVD
Manual Handling Essentials (Multi-Lingual) DVD - SUPERB TITLE AT GREAT VALUE!
Lifting and manual handling is one of the highest risks in work environments. This superb manual handling DVD title is presented by Diane Youdale who starred as ‘Jet’ on TV’s Gladiators. Diane who herself suffered a spinal injury delivers key information on how to prevent back injuries happening to you and your staff. Approximate running time: 25 minutes
- Anatomy of the back
- Making an assessment
- Lifting and manual handling techniques
- Lifting aids and equipment
- LITE - Manual Handling Assessment
This DVD title can be used for anybody in the UK or overseas who do not speak English as their first language. The Languages are provided in the following subtitles.
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
DID YOU KNOW?
You can save over £200 by obtaining the complete set of Health and Safety DVDs AND receive a FREE DVD Player! SEE BELOW
Manual Handling Requirements
Employers have a duty to provide manual handling training courses to their staff. Manual handling training is a legal requirement of the Manual Handling Regulations which is the main source of health & safety regulation for lifting & carrying loads at work. Manoeuvres that involve lifting, pushing, pulling and twisting are referred to as health and safety manual handling tasks. Below are some points that are found in our manual handling training materials:
Anyone who has to perform manual handling or move items in their workplace wherever they work has the right to be trained in Manual Handling. Manual handling training should cover:-
- Knowledge of manual handling for responsibilities of managers/supervisors.
- An understanding of manual handling law and manual handling risk assessments and the first principles of manual handling weight guidelines.
- An understanding of the basic structure of the spine and injuries that can occur through poor manual handling practices.
- Moving inanimate objects, pushing and pulling techniques and approaching manual handling as a team.