Buy more, pay less!
Easy to read full colour A5 booklet. Contains essential information on: How to lift Safely; Task Assessment advice; Manual Handling Legislation
Includes a SELF RISK ASSESSMENT
- Helps staff understand how to look after their upper body and back when manual handling and lifting
- Prevents short and long term injury to staff
- Helps employers and employees comply with manual handling legislation
Manual Handling Requirements
Employers have a duty to provide manual handling training courses to their staff. Manual handling training is a legal requirement of the Manual Handling Regulations which is the main source of health & safety regulation for lifting & carrying loads at work. Manoeuvres that involve lifting, pushing, pulling and twisting are referred to as health and safety manual handling tasks. Below are some points that are found in our manual handling training materials:
Anyone who has to perform manual handling or move items in their workplace wherever they work has the right to be trained in Manual Handling. Manual handling training should cover:-
- Knowledge of manual handling for responsibilities of managers/supervisors.
- An understanding of manual handling law and manual handling risk assessments and the first principles of manual handling weight guidelines.
- An understanding of the basic structure of the spine and injuries that can occur through poor manual handling practices.
- Moving inanimate objects, pushing and pulling techniques and approaching manual handling as a team.