Buy more, pay less!
Comply with your new health & safety obligations.
Working practices are changing rapidly - an increasing number of UK companies have recognised that allowing employees to work from home provides flexibility to staff and makes logistical sense to the employer.
It has been estimated that up to 6 million people in the UK work from home in some capacity and this figure is likely to rise.
However, an employer's responsibility for workers' health and safety is a legal requirement whether they are office, field or home based.
A successful home working arrangement therefore needs to consider health and safety as a serious priority.
To address these issues it is essential to ensure the home worker is aware of potential risks and the responsibilities to themselves and others around them. The Home Worker Safety Essentials Booklet is designed to meet that objective.
Health and safety legislation also imposes responsibilities on the employee. i.e. to make their own home a safe and healthy working environment. To meet this need 'The Home Worker Safety Essentials Booklet' has been designed to provide essential information to employees on the following risks:
- Equipment requirements - e.g. the use of electrical equipment for work at home, first-aid kits etc.
- Work related risks - such as lifting, fire evacuation, working with VDUs
- Environmental conditions - e.g. lighting, heat etc.
- Psychological issues - such as stress
Features of the Home Worker - Safety Essentials Booklet
- Accepted by The Royal Institute of Public Health (RIPH) as suitable for awareness level health & safety training for home workers
- Easy to read full colour 25 page A5 booklet
- Includes a self-questionnaire and certificate
Who is the booklet suitable for?
All home working staff.
Advantages of the booklet
- Allows home workers to be aware of potential risks and the responsibilities to themselves and others around them
- Empowers home working employees to manage their own health & safety
- Helps employers and employees comply with health & safety legislation
- The verification of the booklet by a professional body (The Royal Institute of Public Health) provides a level of confidence to the end-user
Accepted by The Royal Institute of Public Health (RIPH) as suitable for awareness level Health & Safety training for home workers.